• The Hilton Eugene (Ore.) is fresh from a $5.5 million renovation that remodeled all 269 guest rooms, the lobby, the Share Lounge and more. The lounge now has a new private boardroom for eight, part of the property's new total of more than 30,000 square feet for meetings.
• The George, a Kimpton Hotel, in Washington, D.C., has completed a $5 million renovation and redesign that touched upon all guest rooms, hallways and more. The hotel has more than 2,000 square feet of meeting space.
• A new 5,394-square-foot conference and special-event center has opened at the 315-room Westin Orlando Universal Boulevard, giving the resort a new total of 13,506 square feet for events of up to 300 people.
• The 501-room DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin has completed a US$21.6 million renovation of all its guest rooms and suites, conference facilities and more. Guest rooms now feature new furnishings, oversized work desks and complimentary Wi-Fi. For meetings and events, the property has a dedicated business floor with 18 meeting rooms, a 13,000-square-foot ballroom and numerous other facilities that can accommodate groups of up to 1,400 people. In the south end of the city, the hotel is just steps away from RDS and Aviva Stadium, home to international exhibitions and sporting events.
• Broughton Hotels unveiled three renovated boutique properties in Chicago last month: the 52-room Majestic, the 55-room Willows and the 45-room City Suites. All three were built in the 1920s; the Majestic has space for small meetings.