This month marks
• The 379-room Loews Regency Hotel, New York, in Midtown Manhattan is slated to reopen on Jan. 16 following a $100 million revamp. Debuting are a new restaurant, a salon and a spa, plus new private meeting space (the hotel now has a total of 4,440 square feet for meetings).
• The 317-room Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club in Florida has revamped its beachfront restaurant, HB's on the Gulf, capping more than $40 million in improvements over the past five years.
• By month's end, the 394-room Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines in California will have completed a refresh that includes new guest-room patios and balconies. The hotel has 60,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
the official opening of the 238-room Hotel at Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs
(left), on the site of the glittering namesake casino in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. Also new is the adjacent 20,000-square-foot Conference Center, which can accommodate meetings, banquets and functions of up to 1,500 attendees.More Debuts
• The 77-room Hampton Inn & Suites Clarksville
(Tenn.) opens this month with a 1,200-square-foot meeting room, a fitness center, an indoor pool and a 24-hour business center. Nearby attractions include historic Fort Campbell and Nashville's Music City Center.
• In Los Cabos, Mexico, the 500-suite Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort
opens later this month with more than 16,000 square feet of event space that can accommodate up to 450 for a banquet and 850 for a theater-style presentation. The on-site 13,000-square-foot Secrets Spa by Pevonia offers dozens of treatments, while the nearby Marina at Puerto Los Cabos is a gateway to fun on the water.
• At press time, the 401-room Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West
was due to open on Jan. 5 on West 54th Street, just six blocks from Central Park. The property will have two small meeting rooms, the larger accommodating up to 40 people for a reception, plus the Great American Grill restaurant.
• In downtown Los Angeles, the 182-room Ace Hotel
is set for its grand opening on Jan. 6 in the historic 1927 United Artists Theater building. The cutting-edge hotel will offer 2,200 square feet of event space, including two small boardrooms. The property, sporting its landmark "Jesus Saves" sign from an earlier incarnation, also features a pool, a restaurant and the restored ornate 1,500-seat movie theater itself (opening Feb. 14).