• The Radisson Hotel Santa Maria
(Calif.) last month finished up a $2 million revamp of its 184 guest rooms, more than 9,000 square feet of meeting space, the fitness and business centers, and more.
• In Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., the 510-room Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
has completed a multimillion-dollar renovation that touched upon most areas of the property, including new furnishings in guest rooms, two new restaurants and refreshed meeting space. The resort has a total of 56,000 square feet of flexible function space.
• The 415-room Fairmont Washington recently wrapped up a $2.6 million renovation of its 24,000 square feet of meeting space.
• The 184-room Radisson Hotel Santa Maria (Calif.) has completed a $2 million renovation that gave guest rooms new bedding, artwork, refrigerators and more. In addition, the lobby was outfitted with new furniture, flooring and wall coverings, and upgrades were made to the property's more than 9,000 square feet of meeting space, the fitness and business centers, and the lounge.
• In Ireland, the 501-room DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin-Burlington Road has reopened following an extensive US$21.6 million revamp of all guest rooms and suites, public areas, conference facilities and exterior, as well as a completely renovated executive lounge. The hotel has more than 30,000 square feet of event space, including a 13,000-square-foot ballroom.
• The 97-room Brookshire Suites Baltimore was relaunched last month after undergoing a top-down renovation to create an "edgy, modern feel" that makes the property "an urban playground for business and leisure travelers," according to Aaron Katz, president and CEO of owner Modus Hotels. Design elements include guest rooms decked out in street-art themes, including graffiti wall coverings. The hotel has nearly 2,000 square feet of meeting space.
• At the southwest corner of New York City's Central Park, the iconic Plaza Hotel has come out from under scaffolding to reveal its completely restored facade. The two-year project repaired or re-created original facade elements dating from the hotel's 1907 opening. The Plaza has 282 guest rooms, including 102 luxury suites, plus famed public spaces such as the Palm Court and the Rose Club, and 21,000 square feet of meeting space.