New in Midtown.
In Naples, Fla., the 189-room LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort
completed a $1 million overhaul of its more than 5,000 square feet of indoor meeting space last month. The 5,000-square-foot Vanderbilt Ballroom and 3,045-square-foot Bayview Ballroom now sport new chandeliers, ambient lighting and artwork. •
The 216-room Warwick Denver Hotel
has renovated its 10,000 square feet of meeting space. Among improvements are new crystal chandeliers, plush carpet and projection-system technology.
• The 62-room Garden Court Hotel in Palo Alto, Calif., has revamped its second-floor meeting space, which spans 2,650 square feet.
• At press time, the Hilton Vienna Plaza was due to complete a multimillion-dollar modernization of all 254 guest rooms and suites, as well as its 10 conference rooms, which combined can accommodate up to 150 people.
• The 506-room Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport has unveiled a $1.6 million meeting space renovation. The 38,000 square feet of conference and banquet space, which has been completely redesigned with modern finishes and upgraded amenities, features a 10,000-square-foot ballroom, a 3,000-square-foot junior ballroom, several breakout rooms and an amphitheater. Other amenities include an outdoor heated pool, a WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio, a café and the BlueFire Grille restaurant, which serves Southwestern fare.
• The 454-room Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort in Bonita Spring, Fla., has unveiled the new décor in its 14,000-square-foot Calusa Ballroom. Improvements include fresh LED lighting, neutral wall coverings, digital signage and dramatic glass light fixtures.
The 210-room Park Hyatt New York
has opened on West 57th Street in Manhattan, taking over the first 25 floors of the gargantuan new 90-story One57 skyscraper. Steps from Carnegie Hall and Central Park, the hotel features an American grill, the Spa Nalai, a 24/7 fitness center and 8,000 square feet of event space. More Debuts•
The 1,117-room Delano Las Vegas
opened last month, an $80 million transformation of the former THEhotel at Mandalay Bay at the Mandalay Bay Resort Complex on the Strip. The all-suite property features two restaurants; the Bathhouse Spa; a fully equipped gym; a pool; and 31 meeting rooms, including the 1,200-square-foot Delano Living Room. •
The 200-room Peninsula Paris
has debuted in the French capital. The luxury hotel is Peninsula's first European property, housed in the former Hotel Majestic, which underwent a US$580 million transformation. The hotel has six restaurants, a rooftop terrace, a ballroom that can host up to 100 people, and three rooms for smaller meetings and events.•
The luxury 438-room Dreams Sands Cancún
Resort has opened in Mexico along a 650-foot stretch of beach in Cancún's Hotel Zone. Highlights include seven gourmet restaurants, two pools, the Dreams Spa by Pevonia and a range of indoor and outdoor event spaces.
• The 323-room Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown has opened in the city's landmark Bartlett Building, which dates from 1901. The on-site D. Burnham's restaurant, named after famed architect Daniel Burnham (who designed the building), is headed by award-winning chef Harvey Germain. Also featured are a lobby offering live entertainment, and approximately 4,380 square feet of meeting and event space, including a 700-person-capacity ballroom with a dome-shaped tile ceiling.
• The 122-room Hyatt Herald Square New York is set to open this month in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Meeting space includes The Den, an intimate lobby bar and restaurant that can host intimate functions for up to 18 people, and the Up on 20 rooftop lounge, which offers stunning views of the Midtown skyline and can accommodate up to 100 for a reception.
• An incentive-caliber property, the 86-room Regent Porto Montenegro has opened with an outdoor infinity-edge pool, a fully equipped fitness center, the signature Regent Spa and four dining options. Guest rooms overlook scenic Boka Bay and/or various surrounding mountain ranges. The hotel also offers 2,690 square feet of function space, including the Teodo Ballroom, which can seat up to 200 people.
• The 156-room Metropolitan Hotel has opened in Cleveland as a member of Marriott International's Autograph Collection and part of The 9 resort, which features a restaurant with three private dining rooms for group of up to 80, a rooftop bar and sundeck, and more than 14,000 feet of event space.
• The 240-room Sheraton Adana Hotel opened last month in Turkey's fifth-largest city, on the banks of the Seyhan River. Amenities include a lounge, two restaurants, a fitness center with a Turkish hammam, and the Puri Spa. The property's 22,000 square feet of meeting space includes an 11,000-square-foot ballroom that can host up to 700 people.
• The 133-room Element Frankfurt Airport has debuted in Frankfurt, Germany, the first of the Element brand to open outside North America. The hotel has two meeting rooms, an all-day restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout.
• The 57-room Hotel Indigo Paris-Opera has opened as part of the InterContinental Hotel Group's boutique brand, featuring a restaurant and a fitness center, but no meeting space.