Fabulous in Florida:
The 273-room Marriott Coronado Island Resort & Spa,
overlooking San Diego Bay, has unveiled the 5,500-square-foot Spa at Coronado Island. Among highlights are 10 treatment rooms, the 6,000-square-foot Wellness Center fitness facility and nine courts for various sports.•
The 300-room Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia,
has unveiled 26,000 square feet of new meeting, event and conference space as part of the property's current $24 million refresh.
• The 256-room Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, near the Mall of America, has finished a $2 mil lion revamp of its lobby area, F&B outlets, 5,040-square-foot American Ballroom and more.
• The 225-room Loews Boston Hotel has completed a renovation of its 5,000 square feet of meeting space, which included renaming each its six meeting rooms after a former Boston Police officer.
• In Chicago, the 300-room Gwen has debuted its new lobby, restaurant and lounge design, an updated art deco concept that complements the hotel's location within the landmark 1928 McGraw Hill Building. The property features more than 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, the Circa restaurant and lounge, and Upstairs at The Gwen, a seasonal terrace with cityscape views.
The W Miami
opened on June 1 in the city's Brickell Financial District with 148 guest rooms (including 28 suites), a beautiful outdoor pool, the casual 15th & Vine Kitchen and Bar, and more than 4,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including a ballroom spanning 2,666 square feet. MORE DEBUTS
The 107-room boutique Hotel Indigo
has opened in Traverse City, Mich., along West Grand Traverse Bay in the Warehouse District. The property features an elegant lobby restaurant, a rooftop bar with stunning bay views, a fitness center, complimentary WiFi, a boardroom and 5,500 square feet of flexible meeting space that can accommodate up to 160 people.
• In Wisconsin, the 112-room Lismore Hotel Eau Claire-a DoubleTree by Hilton
has opened, following a $21 million head-to-toe transformation of a previous property. In the heart of downtown Eau Claire, the hotel has its own 14,000-square-foot conference center, which includes a 7,200-square-foot ballroom that can accommodate up to 620 people.
• The 238-room Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa,
a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, has opened in Costa Mesa, Calif., a thriving cultural hub near John Wayne Airport. The hotel has more than 15,000 square feet of versatile indoor and outdoor function space for groups of up to 250.
• The 452 LondonHouse Chicago has opened in the historic 1923 London Guarantee Building in the Loop. The property, a member of the Curio Collection by Hilton, has a full-service spa, a 24-hour fitness center and 25,000 square feet of meeting space, including 10 meeting rooms and two ballrooms. The distinctive three-story rooftop includes an indoor bar, an outdoor terrace and a top-floor restaurant inside the building's original beaux arts cupola.
• In Raleigh, N.C., the 144-room Aloft Raleigh-Durham Airport Brier Creek has opened less than 10 minutes from its namesake airport. The property offers a full complement of Aloft-brand features, including a Re:mix lounge, a Re:fuel by Aloft 24/7 grab-and-go food shop, a W XYZ bar and a Splash outdoor pool. Also on-site: 2,146 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 120 people for a reception or 105 classroom-style.
• The 371-room Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina has opened on the island's western coast. The property, the former JW Marriott Ihilani, offers approximately 78,000 square feet of indoor meeting space, including a ballroom and five functions rooms. Outdoor venues include the resort's lawn and beach. Other amenities include five restaurants and lounges, golf at the Ko Olina Golf Club and the 35,000-square-foot Naupaka Spa & Wellness Centre.
• In Malaysia, the 208-room St. Regis Kuala Lumpur has opened in the capital city with 107,639 square feet of function space spread over four floors and 16 versatile meeting rooms, the largest of which is the 13,993-square-foot grand ballroom.