CalRecycle, a California governmental organization devoted to increasing the amount of recycling done in the state, offers these suggestions for reducing paper usage at meetings. www.calrecycle.ca.gov
• Don't stuff conference packets for attendees; let them take the handouts they think they will use.
• Print or copy on both sides of pages.
• Use lightweight paper stock.
• Post agendas and other program information instead of handing out individual copies.
• Avoid using paper contaminants such as glossy or plastic coatings, metallic inks, plastic windows, bright colors and adhesives.