by Michael J. Shapiro | March 24, 2017
Nearly nine out of 10 travelers (87 percent) won't make any immediate changes to their international travel plans as a result of the current situation surrounding President Trump's attempts to impose a travel ban, according to a survey by black-car service provider GroundLink. The ground transportation company polled 463 travelers on their international travel habits and opinions. Seven percent said they will avoid traveling internationally altogether, while 6 percent said they would travel internationally for business but not for leisure.
 
For context, more than a quarter of the respondents (28 percent) traveled internationally between three and five times in the past year. More than half (57 percent), however, were far less experienced, having taken between zero and two international trips over the past 12 months.
 
Almost half of the respondents (46 percent) are just as concerned about terrorist threats abroad this year as they were last year, and their concerns are, for the most part, geographically based: More than half of those surveyed (53 percent) will avoid traveling to the Middle East, and 7 percent will avoid trips to Europe. Interestingly, the portion of women who will avoid Europe (8 percent) is twice that of men who will (4 percent). Just 2 percent of travelers will avoid going to Asia. Nearly one-third (32 percent), however, said they would not avoid travel to any of those regions.
 
Once in an unfamiliar country or region, travelers are more likely to avoid public transportation (30 percent), while more than a quarter (28 percent) said they would use only reserved black cars or limousines.
 
For their return trips home, travelers ranked New York's JFK, New Jersey's Newark and Miami as the three worst airports for international arrivals, customs and immigration. Generally, respondents would much rather arrive via Denver, Dallas or Houston, which earned top honors for those categories.
 
The full survey results are available here.