This web-exclusive article accompanies The Case for Incentives (M&C, May 2009), about defending your program.
From the Site International Foundation:
• "Measuring Results of Incentive Programs and Meetings in a Down Economy" (www.siteglobal.com)
From the Incentive Research Foundation (to access all of the following, log in first to theirf.org):
• "The ‘Evidence-Based' Case for Incentives"
• "Incentives, Motivation and Workplace Performance: Research and Best Practices"
• "The Master Measurement Model of Employee Performance"
• "Determining the ROI of Incentive Travel Programs"
• "Assessing the Impact of Sales Incentive Programs: A Business Process Perspective"
From the Incentive Marketing Association:
• "Making the Case for Sales Incentives to the Tune of 10 Percent ROI," and "Making the Business Case for Your Incentive Program" (incentivemarketing.org)
Another great resource for white papers is the Incentive Performance Center, an umbrella group for all of the incentive associations (www.incentivecentral.org).