Cvent today announced the results of its second annual ranking of the "Top 100 Meeting Hotels in the U.S." To establish the list, Cvent evaluated several thousand properties that received business through the Cvent Supplier Network from September 2012 through August 2013. The properties were ranked based on various data points, such as major metropolitan area market share, conversion rate and the hotel's unique Cvent profile visits.
While the ranking identified several independent properties, major chain-affiliated properties dominated the list. Marriott had 19 properties, Hyatt 18 and Hilton 17, representing a total of 54 of the 100 top properties. From a geographic perspective, Florida still has the largest number of hotels on the list, although its total decreased slightly from 19 hotels in 2012 to 15 in 2013. California now has the second greatest number of hotels on the list, with 13.
"Interestingly, the list shows less concentration in major convention cities like Orlando and Las Vegas than we have seen in the past," noted Bharet Malhotra, senior vice president of sales for the Cvent Supplier Network. "While those markets are still well represented, this change speaks to the opportunity hotels have to win business away from those cities, as well as the importance of developing a proactive and aggressive marketing strategy for traditional meeting destinations."
The following are the top 25 meeting properties for 2013.
1. Hyatt Regency Chicago
2. Hyatt Regency Orlando
3. The Venetian and Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casinos; Las Vegas
4. ARIA Resort & Casino; Las Vegas
5. Hyatt Regency Atlanta
6. Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center; Nashville
7. Hilton Anatole; Dallas
8. Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center; Grapevine, Texas
9. The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa; Hollywood, Fla.
10. Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
11. The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa; Scottsdale, Ariz.
12. Sheraton Dallas
13. Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
14. Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
15. Swissotel Chicago
16. Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
17. Hilton Baltimore
18. Bellagio Hotel & Casino; Las Vegas
19. Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel; Phoenix
20. Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center; National Harbor, Md.
21. JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
22. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
23. Atlanta Marriott Marquis
24. Palmer House a Hilton Hotel; Chicago
25. Loews Miami Beach Hotel
For the full list of the Top 100 U.S. Meeting Hotels, with property details, go here