To make it easier to plan annual and biannual meetings in Europe, Marriott International has consolidated 14 of its convention hotels across the region into a single collection.
Called the European Convention Network, the collection offers streamlined convention sales and services by giving meeting planners a single point of contact for all 14 hotels. Modeled after the company's U.S. network, the Marriott International Convention and Resort Network, the ECN's goal is to provide the scale of a large hotelier with the personal service of a small one.
A unique feature of the ECN, according to Marriott, will be its approach to handling large rotating meetings. To speed up and simplify the booking process, the ECN will conduct a critical review after each event in order to summarize key learnings for meeting planners, event managers and hotel general managers, thereby enhancing the process for the next event.
"The launch of the European Convention Network brings together the scale of Marriott Europe's meetings and events capabilities with a simplified and personal approach which puts the meeting and events planner at the heart of the process," said ECN head Pauline Bronkhorst. "Our customers have told us they want to save time when planning large annual or biannual events in different cities by having one account manager who works with them regularly and understands their business. They do not want to contact individual hotels and explain working practices, but have one point of contact who values their business, knows who they are and how they source and contract their event."
ECN spans several different Marriott brands, including JW Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott and the Autograph Collection. Its members are:
• Boulevard Hotel Baku, Autograph Collection Hotels (Azerbaijan)
• AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen (Denmark)
• Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel and Conference Centre (France)
• Berlin Marriott Hotel (Germany)
• Frankfurt Marriott Hotel (Germany)
• Budapest Marriott Hotel (Hungary)
• Rome Marriott Park Hotel (Italy)
• Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel (London, UK)
• Warsaw Marriott Hotel (Poland)
• Lisbon Marriott Hotel (Portugal)
• JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel (Romania)
• Renaissance Moscow Monarch Centre Hotel (Russia)
• AC Hotels Barcelona Forum (Spain)
• Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel and Conference Centre (Spain)
Each of the ECN's 14 venues is in a key gateway city, has at least 350 guest rooms, and has at least 8,200 square feet (2,500 square meters) of meeting space with capacity for at least 150 delegates. The largest hotel in the collection, the Rome Marriott Park Hotel, features 560 rooms and 140,275 square feet of meeting space for up to 3,600 people.
For more information, click here