Chicago-based Preferred Hotels & Resorts
, whose global portfolio of independent hotels numbers 560, says it will add another 24 properties by year's end. Several of the new additions are scheduled to open in the coming months, including the 84-room Monument Hotel in Barcelona, Spain; the 206-room Only You Atocha in Madrid, Spain, scheduled to open this June; and the 35-room Franklin Hotel in London, which will debut in July.
In addition, the company will add several new hotels in Asia, such as the 58-room Katamama hotel in Bali, Indonesia, and the 193-room Wanda Reign on the Bund in Shanghai, China, both of which also are scheduled to open this June.
The company is beefing up its U.S. portfolio with properties in several high-traffic destinations like Miami, New York City and Washington, D.C. The majority of its portfolio growth, however, will be in Florida, where Preferred will add five hotels, including the 230-room Opal Sands Resorts in Clearwater Beach, the 77-room Treasure Island Beach Resort in Treasure Island and the 133-room SLS Hotel Brickell in South Beach Miami, which is scheduled to open this summer.
Here are other properties joining the portfolio in 2016:
• Hotel Las Américas Golden Tower Panamá (Panama City, Panama), launching August 2016
• The Watergate, Washington, D.C. (reopening April 2016)
• The Dewberry Charleston, S.C. (opening May 2016)
• EAST Miami (opening May 2016)
• NH Collection Roma Palazzo Cinquecento, Rome
• Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Hotel Royal Palm Tower Indaiatuba, Brazil (opening October 2016)
• The Henderson, Destin, Fla. (opening summer 2016)
• AKA Wall Street, New York City (opening spring 2016)
• Simaisma, a Murwab Resort, Qatar
• Hotel Emma, San Antonio
• Shilla Stay Gwanghwamun, Seoul, South Korea
• Shilla Stay Guro, Seoul
• Wanda Reign Chengdu, China