Destination Marketing Association International has unveiled its 2017 business plan. The plan includes four strategic goals that will direct all DMAI initiatives this year:
- Industry advocacy leadership: To become the recognized advocate for the DMO industry;
- International impact: To expand DMAI's international footprint to grow membership, non-dues revenue and global impact;
- Strategic partnerships: To transform DMAI's partnership business model to create beneficial solutions for DMOs, partners and DMAI, and
- Next generation professional development: To become the premier source for destination marketing and management education and professional development.
The full DMAI business plan can be downloaded here.
"The DMAI team has literally reinvented the organization from a programming standpoint and has created a renewed, relevant and dynamic association that will significantly advance our industry," said DMAI chair Gary Sherwin, who added that DMAI CEO Don Welsh and his leadership team "really listened to our members and, as a result, prioritized the association's goals and objectives to deliver the resources our members have determined to be essential to the success of their organizations. These resources, as determined by our members, include professional development, certification, accreditation and advocacy support, along with scalable and timely products and services."
The past year "was filled with first-time achievements and initiatives," said Don Welsh. "We exist for the sole purpose of supporting our members - to inform, connect, inspire and educate in an effort to drive destination economic impact, job creation, community sustainability and quality of life through travel. The goals and objectives outlined within the 2017 plan will act as our roadmap as we work to become the leading authority and resource for the destination marketing industry."
Additionally, the association released the expanded roster of member summits for 2017, including the new Convention Services Summit
- CEO Summit, March 20-22, Nashville
- CMO Summit, April 23-25, Denver
- Visitor Services Summit, Sept. 24-26, Columbus, Ohio
- Convention Services Summit, Sept. 27, Columbus (new)
- Membership Summit, Oct. 23-26, Charlotte, N.C.
- Finance and Operations Summit, November 2017 (location TBD)
- Convention Sales Summit, December 2017, Chicago