IAEE COO Cathy Breden and AMPROFEC president Edward Kelly at the AMPROFEC 19th Annual National Congress
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events has teamed with AMPROFEC, the Mexican trade association for convention and exhibition professionals, to provide reciprocal benefits to their members. The associations signed the agreement of cooperation on Aug. 25 at the AMPROFEC 19th Annual National Congress in Monterrey, Mexico.
During the gathering, IAEE executive vice president and COO Cathy Breden, CMP, participated in a panel discussion about industry collaboration, along with representatives from the Society of Independent Show Organizers and France-based UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry. Those organizations likewise signed agreements with AMPROFEC.
"IAEE and AMPROFEC have engaged in various successful collaborations in the past," said Breden. "We look forward to building a positive relationship with our colleagues in Mexico and collaborating on projects of importance to both our memberships."
Among the reciprocal membership benefits are:
• Member pricing for all products, services, meetings and events offered by AMPROFEC and IAEE;
• Recognition of the respective professional designations, wherever possible and practical, to applicants for the purpose of recertification;
• Sharing nonproprietary research data and relevant information;
• Jointly created and sponsored activities and events that will encourage interaction between the organizations' members; and
• Participation by each association's leaders at the other's major events.
AMPROFEC is now the seventh organization to collaborate officially with IAEE. Among the other organizations are the Center for Exhibition Industry Research and the International Association of Venue Managers.