MPI Confirms Volunteer Leaders for 2016 Board
Meeting Professionals International has confirmed the volunteer leaders for its 2016 board of directors, who will take their seats on Jan. 1.
"The new slate of directors includes proven leaders within their own organizations and joins a group of dedicated and knowledgeable board members ready to drive and deliver extraordinary value to our members. These bold leaders will contribute to moving forward our global meeting and event community," said Mike Dominguez, chair of the MPI Board Development Committee and MPI immediate past chair for 2014-2015.
Taking over as chair of the board is Fiona Pelham, managing director of Sustainable Events Ltd and Positive Impact in Manchester, England. She has previously served as president of MPI's U.K. and Ireland Chapter. She was also a member of MPI's Corporate Social Responsibility Advisory Council from 2010 through 2012. Pelham is an avid sustainability champion, currently serving as voluntary chair of ISO 20121, a management system for event sustainability, and was recognized in 2014 with an honorary doctorate from Leeds Beckett University in Leeds, England, for her contributions to the industry.
"MPI is very fortunate to have such a distinguished group of volunteer leaders serving on our board to help drive the strategy for the future of our association," said Paul Van Deventer, president and CEO of MPI. "We know with this esteemed group of leaders, each board member's contributions will further strengthen MPI, benefitting our members and our industry."
Here is the full slate:
2016 MPI Board of Directors - Officers
· Chair: Fiona Pelham, managing director, Sustainable Events Ltd and Positive Impact, Manchester, U.K.
· Chair-elect: Brian Stevens, CEO, ConferenceDirect, Los Angeles, Calif.
· Vice Chairman of Finance: Amanda Armstrong, CMP, corporate travel and meetings director, Enterprise Holdings Inc., St. Louis
· Immediate Past Chair: Kevin Kirby, the Kirby Consulting Group, Orlando
2016 MPI Board of Directors - Members:
· Krzysztof Celuch Ph.D., CMM, CITE, CIS, HMCC, assistant professor/vice-rector, Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management; head of the Poland Convention Bureau, Polish Tourist Organization, Warsaw, Poland
· Angie Duncan, CMP, CMM, U.S. client account specialist, Touch Associates, Indianapolis
· Annette Gregg, CMP, CMM, MBA, vice president, conferences, LPL Financial, San Diego
· Anne Hamilton, vice president, global travel, Disney Worldwide Shared Services, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
· Gerrit Jessen, CMP, CMM, regional managing director Germany, Austria and Czech Republic, MCI Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
· Michael Massari, vice president of meeting sales and operations, Caesars Entertainment, Las Vegas
· Audra Narikawa, CMP, vice president, senior manager, travel and meetings, Capital Group, Los Angeles
· Kevin Olsen, president, One Smooth Stone, Downers Grove, Ill.
· Steve O'Malley, president, Maritz Travel, M&I Division, St. Louis
· Ken Sanders, president, Freeman Audio Visual Solutions, Dallas
· Courtney Stanley, strategic partnership manager, EventMobi, Grand Haven, Mich.
· Marti Winer, chief of staff, Drew University, Madison, N.J.