Judges have announced the 10 finalists for the 2016 IBTM World Technology and Innovation Watch, a co-production of IBTM World and EventMB. Finalists were selected from a record number of applicants.
"The 60 entries in this year's awards represent a wide range of novel and useful applications," said meetings technology consultant Corbin Ball, chair of the judging panel. "The 10 finalists in particular have a very interesting diversity of ways to improve the business process of events, and highlight new tech trends in event management, social media, attendee engagement, artificial intelligence, sourcing and destination management."
The finalists are:
• Aloompa, a mobile technology company that uses geolocation at festivals to connect attendee behavior with imagery and music curated for each attendee;
• EventCollab, a cloud-based event project-management platform that uses the Google "circles" concept to design groups and assign permissions for various tasks;
• EventGeek, a website and app for collaboration and managing event logistics that integrates with a wide variety of other communication and event-tech platforms;
• Fly Another Day, a calendar-based international booking-recommendation engine, aiding in site selection so as to avoid conflicts with international holidays, major festivals, elections and the like;
• Grip, a matchmaking app for events that integrates with other event platforms;
• Groupize, a website and mobile app for sourcing, booking, tracking and managing small meetings;
• GruupMeet, a platform for destination management, group check-in and event communication;
• Meeting Evolution, a platform for strategic meetings management and logistics that creates lists, BEOs and spec guides based on the Convention Industry Council's APEX standards;
• Shoflo, a collaborative, mobile platform focused on the production and technical planning of an event;
• Visionteractive, which provides various on-site tech devices, such as photo booths or vending machines, to increase social media engagement and interaction.
This year's judges are: Corbin Ball (chair), president, Corbin Ball Associates; Stefania Conti-Vecchi, founder and CEO, EVENTagist; Michelle Bruno, Bruno Group Signature Events; Dahlia El Gazzar, founder, Dhalia+; Ruud Janssen, founder, TNOC.org, and co-founder, EMG; James Morgan, founder, Event Tech Lab; Padraic Gilligan, managing partner, SoolNua; and Julius Solaris, founder and editor, EventMB.
The Tech Watch winner will be announced at IBTM World in Barcelona, Spain, on Wednesday, Nov. 30, in the Technology and Innovation Zone.