Grace joins URISA
Christopher Grace, CMP, is now conference manager for the Chicago-based Urban & Regional Information Systems Association. He is responsible for managing all conferences and workshops, designing trade shows and creating association webinars. Previously, Grace worked as a convention planner for the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Perspective Communications promotes Marsh
Dorria Marsh has been promoted to vice president of production and director of global events at Perspective Communications Group Inc., a Middletown, R.I.-based event production company. Previously, Marsh was the company’s production manager and event producer.
* Christopher Garratt has been appointed associate director of sales at the 840-room Sheraton Seattle Hotel.
* The Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau has hired Dale Gustafson as sales manager of national accounts and Lesley Walsh as sales manager, responsible for small meetings.
* Debbie Hogan has been appointed senior director of sales for Hawaii’s Big Island Visitors Bureau.
* The Pocono Mountains (Pa.) Convention & Visitors Bureau has promoted David Jackson to director of sales.
* Freeman, a Dallas-based event production company, has promoted Jay James to vice president of exhibitor sales.
* Debi Kinney has been hired as catering and conference services manager at the 3,351-room Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
* Sally Morales has been appointed spa director at the 60-room Diplomat Golf Resort & Spa in Hallandale Beach, Fla.
* The Mission Bay Conference Center at the University of California, San Francisco, has hired Shahriar Pasdar and David R. Johnson as general manager and director of sales and marketing, respectively.
* Dyal Sandhu has been appointed director of food and beverage for the 216-room Bedford (Pa.) Springs Resort, which reopened last July following a $120 million restoration.