Exhibit Surveys and Lippman Connects released a report on the issues and trends affecting attendee acquisition. Eighty-five acquisition/attendee marketers responded, answering questions based on their largest events. Among the findings:
• The largest attendee acquisition challenges are capturing the attention of the audience/prospects and identifying new prospects.
• Buying lists is the top method used to identify new prospects.
• Two-thirds of respondents have shifted to more targeted marketing in their efforts to attract and retain more attendees.
• All of the participants (100 percent) used email marketing, digital and social marketing methods for their events.
• In the coming year, two-thirds plan to increase their social-media marketing budget, and more than half plan to increase spending on digital marketing.
The executive summary is available for free at exhibitsurveys.com