Christopher H. Lee
Winners of the second
annual Association of Destination Management Executives
Achievement Awards were presented at the Dayton, Ohio-based group’s
annual meeting last month, held in Palm Springs, Calif., and
included the following honors.
* The winner of “destination management
professional of the year” was Christopher H. Lee, of ACCESS
Destination Services, San Diego.
* The “destination management rising
star” recipient was Beverly Brin of Ultimate Ventures, Dallas.
In the categories honoring DMCs:
* Winners of “best innovative event,
$25,000 and under,” were Atlanta Arrangements Inc. and The Meeting
Manager, San Diego.
* Seattle-based Uniquely Northwest won
in the $25,001 to $75,000 slot.
* Destination South Meetings &
Events, which is based in Atlanta, won in the $75,001 and above
* San Diego-based Kiddie-Corp Inc. won
in the category of “best recrea-tional” program.”
* The Meeting Manager was awarded “best
* The Arrangers DMC, based in Denver,
won “best tour program” creator.
* The winner for “best transportation
logistics” was Dallas-based Ultimate Ventures Inc.