"Steamed mussels in a tarragon cream sauce at Bistro d'Oc, a charming eatery in a block of tchotchke shops in D.C., across from Ford's Theatre." - Joan Eisenstodt, Eisenstodt Assocs., LLC
"Navrattan Korma [mixed vegetable curry] at Haandi in Falls Church, Va. It's soooooo good." - Megan C. Sinesiou, American Society of Naval Engineers
"Buffalo prime rib at The Fort in Morrison, Colo. The best!" - Steve Collins, Resort Meeting Source, LLC
Disney Scales Dizzying Heights
Attendees at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., have a chance to rise above it all via a ride in a helium balloon soaring some 400 feet off terra firma. The balloon holds up to 29 people and packs 210,000 cubic feet of helium -- enough to send it up and above the resort's Downtown Disney area, now being transformed into the new Disney Springs and due for completion in 2016.
Being Kind to Animals
• The Horse Rehabilitation Meeting Experience at the 350-room Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa in Bernalillo, N.M., has guests helping professional wranglers care for abandoned horses.
• DogVacay.com offers attendees safe, affordable host homes in which to board their pets while they're away. Hosts even send daily photo updates on Fido.
• Nora Constance Marino, Esq. (marinolawny.com), is a New York-based attorney and nationally acclaimed advocate for animal rights who can speak to groups on how best to get involved in the cause.
The Birds, the Booze and the Bikes
Hotels are so eager to provide unique guest activities, we couldn't contain them all in "One-of-a-Kind Experiences." Here are three more.
• Enjoy multi-day birdwatching jaunts in the Peruvian Amazon at the Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica, with 35 thatched-roof cabañas, and the cloud forest at the base of Machu Picchu Mountain at the 85-cottage Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel. inkaterra.com
• Stalk the wild merlot and many other delicious South African wines on a sommelier-led "wine safari" in the 100-bottle wine cellar at the 77-room Four Seasons Safari Lodge, Serengeti, in Tanzania. Then go outside for a hotel-led genuine safari into one of earth's most incredible ecosystems. fourseasons.com/serengeti
• Guests at the 649-room Fairmont Scottsdale Princess can explore Arizona's wondrous Sonora Desert via bicycle. The hotel, in partnership with DC Ranch Cycling Adventure, takes pedalers into the McDowell Mountains for some spectacular vistas. fairmont.com/scottsdale
Want to decode the mood of a speaker or blabbering attendee in real time? Just click a button on the Moodies app from Beyond Verbal (beyondverbal.com), and after 15 seconds of listening, it provides a "highly granular" analysis.