Although the Atkins and South Beach diets have
devoured headlines in recent years, the no-carb craze is losing
flavor among attendees. That’s the finding of Woodlands,
Texas-based Benchmark Hospitality International, which compiled the
top F&B preferences at its 25 resorts, hotels and conference
centers worldwide and uncovered these five trends.
1. Interest in the Atkins Diet is waning in favor of balanced
2. Diners want European-style dishes in moderate portions.
3. People increasingly hope to be pampered in restaurants.
4. At breaks, attendees favor energizing snacks over processed
5. Culinary team-building exercises are jalapeño-hot.
Source: Benchmark Hospitality International’s Top Dining Trends
for the Future, September 2004