Meetings & Conventions: Short Cuts August 1999
Short Cuts:Who's minding the (other) kids?
A common dilemma for pet owners, what to do
with Fido and Fluffy while they are away, has an easy solution:
Leave the pets at home and have a sitter come by to care for them.
The Washington, D.C.-based National Association of Professional Pet
Sitters (www.petsitters.org) has a number of
questions to ask in your search for a reputable caretaker. These
include the following.
• Does he visit your home to meet you and your pet, and to get to
know you both?
• Does the sitter seem comfortable and competent?
• Does he have a contract that clearly spells out services and
• Is the pet-sitter bonded, and does he have liability insurance?
Ask for documentation.
• Does he provide references?
For a referral from NAPPS, call (800) 296-PETS.
SARAH J.F. BRALEY
Back to Current Issue index
| Back to Short Cuts indexM&C
| Events Calendar
| Incentive News
| Meetings Market
| CVB Links
| Reader Survey
| Hot Dates
| Contact M&C