A post-show survey of more than 1,000 hosted buyers who attended the 2010 IMEX trade show in Frankfurt, Germany, reveals the following:
• The majority (79 percent) spent 12 hours on the show floor.
• Overall, buyers inked $450 million worth of business with exhibitors during the show and expected to place more than $2.2 billion of business with IMEX exhibitors in the coming 12 months, an increase of more than 20 percent over last year's estimates.
• More than a quarter of respondents said that up to 40 percent of their meetings at the show were with new companies with which they had not previously done business.
• The show’s online appointment diary resulted in a total of 57,000 business appointments made between buyers and exhibitors before and during the show, with more than 12,000 diary messages exchanged over the same period.
• Eighty-two percent of those polled attended the show to keep current with industry developments; 66 percent visited the show specifically to meet new suppliers.