America's Quietest and Noisiest Cities
The folks at Men's Health magazine recently rated America's cities by their noise level (tabulating various factors such as amount of road and air traffic, whether there are local laws limiting excessive noise, even the percentage of residents who report sleeping seven hours or less per night). Here are the results for both extremes.
1. Hartford, Conn. Detroit
2. Cheyenne, Wyo. Oakland, Calif.
3. Cincinnati Memphis, Tenn.
4. Modesto, Calif. Philadelphia
5. Riverside, Calif. Miami
6. Yonkers, N.Y. Chicago
7. Anaheim, Calif. Atlanta
8. Lincoln, Neb. San Francisco
9. Des Moines, Iowa Houston
10. Madison, Wis. Jacksonville, Fla.
The upshot: If you hold a meeting in any of the cities listed at right, bring a bullhorn.
Source: Men's Health