How do you turn a good meeting into a great one? These ideas will help you create a sure-fire memorable event.
The overarching goal of all planners is to make their attendees jaws drop with a spectacular "wow" moment or, better yet, series of moments. It's easier said than done, but it's one of the keys to creating successful events. And for a destination, it's the difference between hosting an occasional meeting and sustaining long-term MICE business.
"Turning a good meeting into a great, memorable meeting and creating a unique attendee experience is what continues to bring meetings and their attendees back to The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel year after year," says Anna Stone, Director of Sales for The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel.
Here are five tried and true methods for making that spectacular moment show up at your event.
* Include well-known attractions and entertainment. There's nothing like star power to create electricity and excitement around an event. Whether they're business-oriented celebs or entertainment figures, their appearances will create a super-memorable event for attendees.
* Pick what's unique about the destination and follow with experiences to match. Most destinations have something unique unto themselves. And some have a lot of unique aspects. Play off them, and you've got a winning combination.
For example, The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel has an environment like no other. "In addition to the truly inspiring scenery and nature within the destination, there are event experiences that are special to our area. For example, planners can choose from team building activities such as the Beach Olympics or a Sea Regatta or have special guest Thomas Edison mingle with meeting attendees," says Stone.
Unique experiences bring attendees back to The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel year after year.
"Because there are so many unique locations and activities available within the destination, a planner is certain to find the 'wow' factor that attendees will remember forever."
* Consider local partnerships. Look around the destination area and employ resources that might be right under your nose. A clever tie-in with a golf course, or a kayaking outing with a local vendor are just some ways that partnerships can create a whole that's greater than the sum of its parts. Vendors can also bring a new perspective and ideas to the mix.
* Music, music, music. For every destination there's a signature genre of music or a specific band that comes to mind. Music gets people's energy up and sets a lively mood. Live music is often worth more than it costs, and available bands abound.
* Add creativity and thought for a magical outcome. One theme rings true for nearly all attendees: like the perfect gift, the "right" touches are not tied to a price point. You can have a huge budget for an event that flops. Or you can create quality that's not tied to a price tag. It takes a spark of creativity and a lot of hard strategizing but when you discover the right elements, you've got your "wow" factor and a meeting that your group will remember forever.
For further information about holding your meeting on The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel, click here
Top photo: Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
Click on these Florida resorts to view their meetings offerings and more:
Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
South Seas Island Resort
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village