The 134-room Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa
in Palm Beach, Fla., has refreshed its guest rooms, spa and meeting spaces, as well as opened a new Japanese-inspired restaurant, Mizu. The property can host events for up to 300.
• In Atlantic City, the 2,000-room Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa has debuted the Borgata Beer Garden near the property's beautiful outdoor pool, complete with entertainment stage and lawn games, plus the casual Marketplace Eatery, offering a variety of global cuisine.
• The 363-room InterContinental Los Angeles Century City has opened the new Copper Lounge and signature restaurant Mari Los Angeles, led by chef Jonathan Wood. The hotel has 16,650 square feet of flexible event space.
High style in Ohio. The 600-room Hilton Cleveland Downtown has opened as a headquarters property for the adjacent Huntington Convention Center. Certified LEED Silver, the 32-story hotel has more than 50,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 20,778-square-foot grand ballroom with floor-to-ceiling views of Lake Erie.
• The 203-suite Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield has opened just west of downtown Milwaukee and minutes from General Mitchell International Airport. With it's soaring five-story atrium (below), the hotel offers signature Embassy Suites amenities such as complimentary made-to-order breakfasts and two-hour evening receptions with snacks and beverages. Meeting space totals more than 6,000 square feet; select suites, some as large as 1,200 square feet, sport whirlpool tubs and their own eight-seat conference tables.
• In Nayarit, Mexico, along Banderas Bay on the Pacific coast, the W Punta de Mita has debuted with 119 guest rooms, each with its own private balcony or patio. Among dining options is Venazu, specializing in Mexican cuisine inspired by street food. The property also features three meeting rooms, the largest of which spans 1,345 feet and can accommodate up to 120 people for a banquet or 160 theater-style. Along with nearby options for swimming with dolphins, whale watching and snorkeling, the myriad attractions of Puerto Valarta are less than an hour away.
• The 158-room Kimpton Journeyman Hotel is a new entry in Milwaukee, and its cozy design is exemplified by the two fireplaces and bench seating in the lobby. The hotel also offers complimentary bicycles and makes custom-made leather backpacks available for guests exploring the city. On-site meeting and event space totals more than 6,300 square feet.