• The 318-room Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, has completed a $30 million renovation of its historic 318-room Cloister building, which dates from 1926. The resort offers an impressive total of 150,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting space.
• The Sebastian-Vail in Colorado has finished up a complete redesign of all 84 guest rooms, including the installation of new multiple outlets at eye level and prints by famed abstract Mexican artist Manuel Felguérez Barra.
• The 404-room W San Francisco has debuted a stylish new 2,467-square-foot event space called Social, which can host up to 200 seated. The hotel offers 12,000 square feet of meeting space.
• In Manhattan's Financial District, the 253-room Andaz Wall Street has debuted the new Dina Rata Restaurant & Bar, offering upscale American bistro cuisine and creative cocktails. The only hotel with an address on iconic Wall Street, the Andaz features 10,000 square feet of event space, complimentary Wi-Fi, a 24-hour gym and The Spa.
• A multimillion-dollar renovation has finished up at the 400-room Royal Sonesta Boston. Among the areas upgraded were 200 of the guest rooms and the fitness center; the lobby has been completely reconfigured with the new Studio coffee shop and the new Motif lobby cocktail lounge. The new Longfellow Suites, with waterfront views and a terrace on the Charles River, have added 2,100 square feet of event space, while the Riverside Terrace makes 3,000 square feet available to groups. In all, the hotel has 26,000 square feet for meetings. The property also offers the ArtBar restaurant, featuring seasonal American cuisine, and Restaurant Dante, where chef Dante DeMagistris serves dishes with modern Italian influences.
• The 431-room NH Collection Euruobuilding has reopened in Madrid, Spain, following extensive renovations. Cutting-edge technology showcased at the property includes a 3,229-square-foot indoor LED screen, 3D holographic telepresence technology and a SMART Room System for Microsoft Lync Online videoconference solutions. The hotel has 83,959 square feet of meeting space among 32 rooms, as well as four gourmet restaurants, including the three-Michelin-starred DiverXO.
• The 130-suite Rosewood Mayakoba, in Mexico's Riviera Maya, has debuted its La Ceiba Garden & Kitchen, a 20,000-square-foot outdoor dining concept designed as an interactive environment for guests to partake in cooking demonstrations, tastings and even foraging for their own produce from more than 45 types of organic vegetation. The luxury resort has 2,615 square feet of flexible indoor meeting space that can accommodate up to 140 people; outdoor events can take place on a variety of terraces, tropical garden lawns and the beach.
Waterside welcome. On the Intracoastal Waterway in North Palm Beach County, Fla., the new 179-room Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place features a rooftop pool, three in-house dining options, a fitness center and more than 15,000 square feet of meeting space, including the 5,000-square-foot Preserve Ballroom.
• The 567-room Delta Toronto has opened within walking distance of the Metro Toronto Convention Center, the CN Tower and other city attractions. Features include an indoor pool, complimentary wireless Internet and the 150-seat SOCO Kitchen + Bar, presenting dishes by award-winning executive chef Dan Craig. The hotel's more than 17,000 square feet of meeting space is divided among 12 rooms, the largest able to host up to 700 people.
• The former Ritz-Carlton, Double Bay, in Sydney, Australia, has become the 140-room InterContinental Sydney Double Bay Hotel following a US$86 million transformation. The property offers sweeping views of its namesake bay in Sydney Harbor; a revamped grand ballroom that can host receptions of up to 495 guests; six other meeting rooms, and a rooftop infinity pool with a private bar and lounge area. Food and drink options include the Stillery gin bar, the Stockroom seasonal restaurant, the Sake Restaurant & Bar, and a restaurant and bar concept called The Group.
• The 122-room Hyatt Herald Square New York has opened on West 31st Street off Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The lobby is adorned with artwork from nine local artists and features several communal areas (including a library-themed lounge and, for dining/drinks, The Den). Guest rooms, many with views of the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building, feature dark, rich wood furniture accented with splashes of hot pink. The property's rooftop lounge can host events for up to 100 people.
• The Wyndham Riverfront New Orleans, which was recently acquired by Omni Hotels & Resorts, is now the Omni Riverfront Hotel. The 202-room property has undergone a six-month, $8 million transformation and now has nearly 4,000 square feet of refreshed function space, the new French-inspired Fulton St. Bistro and Bar, and updated guest room furnishings and public spaces.
• In Boca Raton, Fla., the 139-room Waterstone Resort & Marina, a DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, has opened with 139 guest rooms (all with large private balconies), two restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a waterside promenade with a marina. The resort's 8,000 square feet of meeting space includes the Starlight Room on the penthouse level with floor-to-ceiling water views that can host up to 100 people and a ballroom that can accommodate 200.
• In the U.K., the 116-room Aloft Liverpool has opened with four dining options (including the brand's signature W XYZ bar), complimentary high-speed Internet throughout, seven meeting spaces and the Beatles' hometown right outside the door.
• DoubleTree has opened its first hotel in New Zealand, the 98-room DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown. All rooms have kitchenettes with an oven, a microwave and a refrigerator, and many offer views of Lake Wakatipu. The property features the Wakatipu Grill for lakeside dining, featuring local and seasonal produce, plus a meeting room that can hold up to 190.