• A $17 million renovation has finished up at Snow King Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyo., upgrading all 203 guest rooms and 10,000 square feet of meeting space.
• In Miami, the 200-room Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach has completed a revamp to the tune of $150 million that included a restoration of the 1940 hotel's art deco details. Meeting facilities include two combinable ballrooms spanning 3,400 and 1,515 square feet, respectively.
• The 326-room Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center in Arizona has wrapped up a renovation of its Amansala Fitness Spa, which has nearly doubled in size. The resort features more than 50,000 square feet of flexible function space.
• In Berlin, the 87-room Hotel Am Steinplatz reopened following an extensive renovation and has joined Marriott's Autograph Collection, making it the first German hotel in the group. The property offers a spa, a gym, a restaurant and two meeting rooms.
Chicago newcomer. The 215-room Kinzie Hotel (left) is set to open this month in the Windy City's River North neighborhood. Named for local frontier-era merchant John Kinzie, the property has more than 1,500 square feet of meeting space and features guest-room wall treatments that subtly display street maps of historic Chicago.
• In New York City, the newly opened 378-room Courtyard by Marriott Central Park and the 261-room Residence Inn Central Park share the same 68-story building on Broadway and West 54th Street in Manhattan. The hotels also share 6,000 square feet of meeting space and a fitness center. Huge perks at both: free international phone calls and 1.25 GB of Wi-Fi bandwidth in every guest room.
• The 231-room Hilton Cabana Miami Beach will open Feb. 19 on trendy Collins Avenue, with 119 feet facing the beach. The property will include complimentary business and fitness centers, three function spaces (including a 5,000-square-foot oceanfront lawn) for a total of 120 people, and a French restaurant.
• The Godfrey, a cubist-designed, 221-room hotel in Chicago, just north of The Loop, opened on Feb. 1 with a spa, a 24-hour fitness center, and free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and public spaces. Meeting space totals 15,000 square feet, indoors and out.
• In Delaware, the Westin Wilmington Riverfront debuts this month. All 180 guest rooms are equipped with 42-inch HD TVs, oversized workstations, high-speed Internet access and spa-inspired bathrooms. Other features include a large indoor pool, a full-service business center and more than 2,000 square feet of flexible function space. The hotel is adjacent to the Chase Center on the Riverfront, which has more than 60,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space.
• In the New York City borough of Queens, the 96-room Parc Hotel is due to open this month in Flushing, less than three miles from LaGuardia Airport. Features include a rooftop lounge, business and fitness centers, and complimentary wireless high-speed Internet throughout.
• The 673-room Renaissance Nashville Hotel will complete a $20 million renovation this month of all guest accommodations. The property, which has 30,000 square feet of meeting space, is attached to the Nashville Music Center, which has 70,000 square feet of its own meeting and pre-function space.
• The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto, on the Japanese island of Honshu, is set to open on Feb. 7 with 134 elegant guest rooms featuring views of the Kamo River and Higashiyama mountain range, plus a spa and fitness facilities by Espa. The hotel will include five function rooms ranging from 323 to 2,368 square feet.
• The 226-room Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem opened this month with three restaurants, a rooftop bar, the Waldorf Astoria Spa and a variety of meeting spaces, the largest of which is a ballroom spanning 7,809 square feet.
• In the Dominican Republic, the 245-room Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel is due to open this month with an outdoor pool, a sun deck, the Café Casabe Restaurant serving Dominican and international dishes, and 13 function rooms that can accommodate a total of 1,000 attendees.