• The Wyndham Garden Shreveport (La.) has completed a multimillion-dollar renovation of its 267 guest rooms and 1,500 square feet of meeting space, including the newly redesigned 6,400-square-foot grand ballroom.
• The 392-room Sea Island Resort on the coast of Georgia has debuted a new 63-room Garden Wing and the 5,000-square-foot Mizner Ballroom. The property has a total of more than 51,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech event space.
• The Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel has finished an $8 million renovation that refreshed all 560 guest rooms, added a new ballroom with views of the Chicago River and an additional 4,000 square feet of meeting space, and more.
• The 1,470-room Hilton Orlando has unveiled 11,000 square feet of new meeting space that includes the Key Largo and Key West meeting rooms (adjacent to the 15,000-square-foot Florida Ballroom), prefunction space and an additional registration desk.
• In Hawaii, the 258-room Mauna Kea Beach Hotel has unveiled its new Kaunaoa Ballroom, with 3,500 square feet of indoor function space and an expansive outdoor prefunction space. Together with sister property the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, the two hotels offer a total of nearly 150,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space.
• A propertywide renovation has been completed at the 335-room Kimpton Hotel Palomar DC in Washington, D.C. All rooms were redone, as well as the public and meeting spaces. Other new touches include a new bridal suite, which can be used as a hospitality suite The hotel has 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space, all of which was redesigned in early 2015.
• A 1,500-square-foot meeting space called the Overlook has opened at Cloud Camp, the 12-cabin mountaintop retreat at the 800-room Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo. On the road to Cloud Camp, the Overlook features high ceilings, a covered front porch and a back deck for up to 70 people; the space has views out to Pikes Peak and downtown Colorado Springs.
• The Liberty Hotel, a Starwood Luxury Collection property in Boston, has finished upgrading all 298 guest rooms. The accommodations at the Beacon Hill hotel, once the infamous Charles Street Jail, have been redone by interior designer Bill Rooney. The offers a 2,400-square-foot patio for outdoor events, plus 6,000 square feet of indoor meeting space.
• The AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center in Austin, Texas, has completed renovations to its 297 guest rooms, adding 48-inch flat-screen TVs with U-verse and DVR, double-pillow-top mattresses, more electrical outlets, USB at the bedside and desk, and more. A member of the International Association of Conference Centers, the facility will open the adjacent Robert B. Rowling Hall in July 2017 with a 15,000-square-foot ballroom, 5,000 square feet of prefunction space and a 5,500-square-foot banquet kitchen. Currently, the center has 40,000 square feet of meeting space.