Starwood Hotels & Resorts has debuted Sheraton Grand, the new premier tier of the Sheraton flag. Ten properties now carry the designation, and Starwood expects about 50 to debut by the end of the year. The new tier was first announced in June as part of the Sheraton 2020 brand-refresh initiative, and it recognizes exceptional Sheraton properties based on destination, design, service and guest experiences.
Sheraton Grand Dubai
"As we continue our work to firmly keep Sheraton in the spotlight, we recognize the need to better match guest expectations for the brand around the world," said Adam Aron, Starwood CEO on an interim basis. "Sheraton Grand celebrates our standout hotels and helps us further reinforce Sheraton as a trusted voice in global travel."
According to Sheraton global brand leader Dave Marr, Starwood expects many hotels to achieve the designation and many others to open or be renovated to achieve the premier status. The hotel company aims to have 100 Sheraton Grand properties open by early 2017.
The first 10 Sheraton Grand hotels:
• Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel - Brigade Gatweay, India
• Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel, China
• Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai
• Sheraton Grand Edinburgh Hotel, Scotland
• Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort, Miyazaki, Japan
• Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand
• Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel, Taiwan
• Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, Japan
• Sheraton Grande Walkerhill, Seoul, South Korea