The U.K.-based consultancy Skytrax presented its annual World Airport Awards Tuesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Singapore's Changi Airport was named the world's best for the fifth year in a row. Tokyo International Airport and Seoul's Incheon International Airport rounded out the top three. Munich was named the world's fourth-best airport, and the best outside of Asia. Vancouver Airport in Canada, at number 13, was the highest-scoring airport in North America, while Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport was the best in the United States, at number 26 on the worldwide list. The Cincinnati facility also was named the second-best regional airport in the world, behind Japan's Centrair Nagoya.
Other U.S. standouts include Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport, which was named the third most-improved and the ninth-best for dining; Denver International Airport, named the fourth-best regional airport; and the airports in Phoenix and Los Angeles, named number 7 and 10, respectively, among the most-improved facilities.
The top three World's Best Airport Hotels were Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, in Singapore; Pullman Guangzhou Airport, in China; and the Hong Kong Sky City Marriott. The Fairmont Vancouver Airport, the best in North America, was number 7 on the world's top list.
The top 10 airports follow, along with their 2016 ranking:
1. Singapore Changi (1)
2. Tokyo International Haneda (4)
3. Incheon International Airport, South Korea (2)
4. Munich Airport, Germany (3)
5. Hong Kong International Airport (5)
6. Hamad International Airport, Qatar (10)
7. Centrair Nagoya, Japan (6)
8. Zurich Airport, Switzerland (7)
9. Heathrow Airport, London (8)
10. Frankfurt Airport, Germany (12)
The top 10 airport hotels:
1. Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, Singapore
2. Pullman Guangzhou Airport, China
3. Hong Kong Sky City Marriott
4. Hilton Munich Airport, Germany
5. Regal Airport Hong Kong
6. Langham Place Beijing, China
7. Fairmont Vancouver Airport, Canada
8. Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain
9. Hilton Frankfurt Airport, Germany
10. Sofitel Heathrow, London
The complete list of the World's Top 100 Airports for 2017 may be found here.