In determining its annual rankings of the best hotels, U.S. News & World Report evaluated nearly 24,000 properties this year. Criteria include their reputations among professional travel experts, guest reviews and star ratings. The resulting lists include best hotels/resorts in the United States, best hotels in the Caribbean, best hotels in Europe, and best hotels/resorts in Canada. Below are the top 10 hotels in the U.S., based on an analysis this year of 2,194 domestic properties.
1. Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Hawaii
2. The Peninsula Chicago
3. The Langham, Chicago
4. Twin Farms, Barnard, Vt.
5. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Big Island, Hawaii
6. Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Fla.
7. Wentworth Mansion, Charleston, S.C.
8. The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, New York City
9. Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
10 The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills, Calif.