This season of presidential debates puts us in the mood for eloquence wherever we can find it, and in this instance it's in the wrestling ring. Here are 10 memorable phrases from some of the sport's most accomplished practitioners.
1. Gorilla Monsoon on opposing wrestler Nikolai Volkoff's singing voice: "If you hanged him for being a good singer, you'd be hanging an innocent man!"
2. Jerry Lawler on opposing wrestler Dennis Knight: "He's is some lady's man -- he couldn't even get a date on a tombstone!"
3. Ted DiBiase Sr.: "Don't write checks that your body can't cash."
4. Jerry Ventura on opposing wrestler Uncle Elmer kissing his own wife: "They look like two carp going after the same piece of corn."
5. C.M. Punk in a boldly obtuse attempt to sound brazen: "I came here to hunt ghost and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum!"
6. Randy Savage: "Rules were made to be broken -- just like your neck!"
7. Bobby Heenan: "My kid was doing his homework, and he asked me what comes at the end of a sentence, and I told him 'parole.' "
8. Jake Roberts: "Miserable is a good thing -- if you get out of bed miserable, nobody else can screw up your day."
9. Roddy Piper, in a boldly obtuse attempt to show he's always one step ahead: "Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
10. Jim Ross on wrestling commentator Vince McMahon's storytelling skills: "Aww that Vince, he could bring a tear to a glass eye."
Source: Meetings and Conventions