Meeting Professionals International has released a study about the taxonomy, growth and future of strategic meetings management. Among the conclusions:
• ROI is both financial and emotional. Successful SMM can engage attendees before, during and after the meeting is over.
• Meeting measurements must not be based solely on return on investment, but on return on objective, and ROO metrics need to be developed for the industry.
• Stakeholder support from all levels of an organization is critical for an SMM program to succeed.
• SMM is not one size fits all.
• Creating and nurturing business partnerships is an increasingly important aspect to SMM in helping to reduce risk, garner better service and improve negotiating power.
The 15-page report is based on hundreds of industry and academic papers, focus groups held at industry events and individual interviews. Find the study here