A room at the Radisson Collection Strand Stockholm
The Radisson Hotel Group, formerly known as Carlson Rezidor Hotels, has made two major announcements.
The company has replaced Club Carlson, its loyalty program, with Radisson Rewards, a new program that will align with the company's new name and vision. Radisson Rewards includes several enhancements that will make it easier for members to accumulate points across all of the company's brands. "Embedding the Radisson name into the heart of our program will help us instantly boost the global brand awareness of our loyalty program," said Eric De Neef, Radisson Hotel Group's executive vice president and global chief commercial officer, in a statement announcing the new program.
The company, which has offices in Brussels, Minneapolis and Singapore, also announced the launch of a new brand, the Radisson Collection, a premium consortium of exceptional hotels in major destinations that will be focused on destination-centric guest experiences. The new lifestyle brand currently is comprised of 14 hotels in the Radisson Hotel Group's portfolio, but that number is expected to grow.
Since the group was bought by Chinese conglomerate HNA in April 2016, a massive overhaul has been underway at the company, whose portfolio includes Country Inns & Suites and three Radisson brands. New leadership was put in place last year, as nine field directors were named within its development team as part of a new five-year plan, which includes a repositioning of the brand and doubling down on expansion.
"Seventy-two percent of travelers prefer to spend their money on experiences rather than material things, and the Radisson Collection caters to this demand," said Federico J. González, president and CEO of the Rezidor Hotel Group and chairman of the Global Steering Committee for the Radisson Hotel Group, in a statement announcing the new brand. "The hotels that have already joined the Radisson Collection are the perfect showcases for what the brand represents: authenticity, design and exceptional service. Ultimately, the brand and the hotels will be defined by the people who visit them and those who serve in them. We are incredibly proud of our global debut and look forward to the continued growth of our exceptional collection globally."
The initial Radisson Collection portfolio will be comprised of the following properties, pending final legal agreement and approval.
• Radisson Collection Strand Stockholm
• Radisson Collection San Marco Venice, Italy
• Radisson Collection Ukraina Moscow
• Radisson Collection Paradise Resort & Spa Sochi, Russia
• Radisson Collection Royal Copenhagen, Denmark
• Radisson Collection Royal Mile Edinburgh, Scotland
• Radisson Collection Warsaw, Poland
• Radisson Collection Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria
• Radisson Collection Agra, India
• The May Fair London, a Radisson Collection Hotel
• Old Mill Belgrade, Serbia, a Radisson Collection Hotel
• Symphony Style Kuwait, a Radisson Collection Hotel
• Hormuz Grand Muscat, Oman, a Radisson Collection Hotel
• The Emerald Grand & Spa Lagos, Nigeria, a Radisson Collection Hotel